During stressful times, practicing random acts of kindness can make a big difference, both for the person practicing them and the person receiving them. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, people have shared small acts of kindness ideas through social media channels, inspiring others to brighten the days of their friends, neighbors, and even strangers. Here at Cratejoy, we’ve even put together our own post of acts of kindness ideas. This gentle generosity is an uplifting form of self-care for many people, as it renews their feeling of community and makes them feel like they’ve brought a little sunshine to someone else’s life.
Sometimes, though, we need to remember to give ourselves the same compassion that we offer others. Performing random acts of kindness for yourself can give you a bit of respite, helping you feel recharged and ready for the day. This can take the form of practicing self-care, supporting your wellness, exploring your creativity, or even a little retail therapy. Hey, there’s nothing wrong with giving yourself a gift once in a while!
Below is a list of acts of kindness ideas for you, so you can give yourself some much-needed self-care and feel a little more prepared to do everything you need to do. Even the little things can help restore balance! We hope they bring a little joy into your life.
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas for You: Self-Care Superhero
Take a little time to relax and feel replenished with these acts of kindness ideas for self-care. Remember, there are many different types of self-care, so give yourself the space to explore them and see what kind of self-care makes you feel your best.
- Schedule time for a yoga video or class. Even a five-minute class can really boost your mood.
- Enjoy your favorite face mask or bath bomb –– or spice things up and try a new one.
- Re-read one of your favorite books or re-watch one of your favorite movies.
- Set up a time to check in and catch up with a best friend or family member, whether in-person or virtually.
- Find a piece of clothing or an accessory that always makes you happy, and wear it even if you’re working from home.
- Give yourself a care package: a self-care subscription box filled with curated surprises to help you feel balanced and supported.
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas for You: Mind Your Mindfulness
Practicing mindfulness is a great self-care strategy to nurture your body as well as your spirit. By focusing on living in the moment, you can start reducing your stress levels and increasing your feelings of joy.
- Try meditating, even if for just a few minutes. You can use an app or a video, or just set a timer and sit in a comfortable position.
- Practice different breathing exercises. See which ones make you feel better when you’re stressed and which ones heighten your bliss when you’re relaxed.
- Create a vision board for where you want to be in a year or a specific goal you want to accomplish.
- Keep a journal of three positive things that happen to you every day. Positivity is a skill, and practicing gratitude goes a long way!
- Enjoy a meal or movie at home in a distraction-free zone by putting your phone and laptop away.
- Begin your day by setting an intention, and take a little extra time to reflect on it before you go to bed.
- Find a place near your home where you can watch the sunset.
- Try a method of mindfulness that you’ve always wanted to explore, such as crystals or aromatherapy, with a monthly mindfulness subscription box.
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas for You: Welcoming Wellness
To you, wellness could mean eating healthy, achieving a fitness goal, or another practice that supports your body and mind. It could even be a combination of those three. Supporting your physical and mental well-being can be one of the greatest acts of kindness ideas you can give to yourself.
- Add more vegetables to your favorite smoothies. Spinach is great for you, and the flavor shouldn’t overpower the other ingredients.
- Missing your workout routine and not able to get to the gym? Schedule a 15- to 30-minute workout at home, then enjoy the endorphins.
- Sign up for a community-supported agriculture box, and treat yourself to delicious seasonal vegetables while supporting a local farm.
- Take a walk. A five-minute walk around the block can help clear your head, while a long walk through your neighborhood or a park gives you exercise with the added benefit of fresh air.
- Make a playlist of your favorite songs or videos, then have your very own dance party where you’re the star performer. It’s a fun-filled way to get some movement into your day.
- And speaking of dancing: Why not learn to dance from your living room? An online video can help you get the basic steps down before you try them with a partner.
- Get products and activities to help support your favorite wellness habits with a wellness subscription box.
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas for You: Art From the Heart
Are you always putting off a fun project that’s been sitting on the shelf for a while? Do you regularly say you wish you had more time to spend on your favorite craft? Have you wanted to take up a new hobby? Offer yourself an act of kindness with the time and space to be creative and make art.
- Look into art therapy activities that are fun and beautiful to make while supporting your self-care practice.
- Grab a set of crayons and color. It’s fun, and the scent of the wax can make you feel like you’re a kid again.
- Want to be more precise with your art? Sharpen your colored pencils and fill in the spaces in a coloring book.
- Set aside a designated time each week, or even day, to experiment with arts and crafts.
- Make something just for you, whether it’s a drawing, a painting, a sculpture, or a fiber art project like knitting or crocheting. If it’s flat, hang it proudly on your refrigerator, or give it a lovely frame and a beloved spot on the wall. If it’s three-dimensional, display it in a place of honor in your home.
Random Acts of Kindness Ideas for You: Delight, Delivered
No matter what your budget is, you can find a little something that’s near your price point to lift your spirits and make the day a little easier. Bonus points if it’s delivered conveniently to your doorstep.
- Get dinner delivered to you tonight. Treat yourself to delicious healthy food, or go for a piping-hot pizza. Show your wallet some kindness, too –– see if you can find a coupon online before you place your order.
- Missing your favorite restaurant from a recent trip? See if they sell merchandise they can easily ship. Many restaurants even offer long-distance food delivery for a premium price.
- See if any of the services you use regularly offer home delivery. These days, countless grocery stores, pharmacies, and even dry cleaners deliver, and if there’s a delivery fee, it may be lower than you think.
- Make a plan to support your self-care practice at least once a month by signing up for a self-care subscription box. Cratejoy offers many high-quality self-care boxes, so it’s easy to find one –– if not several –– that would make the perfect self-care subscription box for you.
- No one knows you like you know yourself, so honor that relationship with a little (or a big) gift. The Cratejoy Gift Shop can help you discover a subscription box you’ll absolutely love. With new goodies every month and a range of prices and options to choose from, a gift subscription box conveniently delivers joy each month.
We hope that these acts of kindness ideas for you add a spark of sweetness to your day and help you give yourself some gentle support!