Looking for a fun and educational learning activity for your kids? Look no further than DIY slime! We don’t know about you guys, but we can’t seem to get enough slime in our lives (kids and adults alike). No matter if you’re a young boy or girl, slime is fascinating to watch, touch, and play with.
Slime has skyrocketed in popularity over the last few months, so we thought we’d share a make-your-own slime tutorial and our two favorite slime subscription boxes.
Traditional DIY Slime Recipe (Borax-Free)
What You Need:
1 7.5oz Bottle White Glue
Warm water (about 3 oz.)
Food Coloring (optional)
Popsicle Stick (for stirring)
What To Do:
1. Pour the entire bottle of white glue into your bowl. Next, fill the glue bottle up halfway with warm water and add that to the bowl, or add about 3 oz. warm water.
2. Once the water and glue is fully combined, add your food coloring.
3. Once your food color is fully incorporated, add any mix-ins (this step is optional). We used small styrofoam beads this time.
4. Once your color and mix-ins are stirred in, now it’s time to add the Sta-Flo. The slime will start to form as soon as the Sta-Flow is added. Lift the stir stick to note how the texture has changed from step 1.
5. Stir, stir, and stir some more! After you’ve stirred as much as you can and the slime is no longer sticking to the edges of the bowl, begin to knead it until it is no longer sticky. This can be messy, but it’s an essential step to ensure that the compounds in the slime completely combine.
And voila! Just like that you have your very own (Borax-free!) slime!
This type of putty slime will get stronger the more you play with it. Feel free to experiment with different types of glue to see what types of slime they produce.
Don’t have time to make your own slime, but need more gooey goodness in your life?
Check out these awesome slime subscriptions that send pre-made slime and other goodies!
Price: Starts at $11.00/mo
What You’ll Get: Slime is a perfect box for people who love to play with slime! Slime sends a variety of 4-6 slime and crafted related items each month including 2 to 4 tubs of 4oz or 8oz slimes. Kid friendly, mother approved!
Shipping: Ships to United States and New Zealand from United States
What you’ll get: Sometimes slime looks so good, you could almost eat it. Slime City Box is hand-crafted, high-quality slime that comes in fun colors, beads, themes, scents, and textures. They throw in a squishy and candy so you can reward your child with a treat that will keep them occupied for hours on end.
Shipping: Ships within the U.S. between the 18-22nd of every month
Looking for more toy subscriptions for your kids? Browse away!