Marketing goes well beyond what you would learn from watching a few episodes of Mad Men.
Marketing and market research are crucial aspects of your subscription box that will help you grow, manage your brand, engage with your customers, bring in revenue, and control your product’s price. Ultimately, all of this will determine your box’s success.
An in-depth guide to successfully marketing your subscription business.
- Segmenting: How to break down your potential market
- Targeting: Choosing your target market segment
- Positioning: Decide how you want your product to be viewed by your customer
The Four Ps of Marketing
- Product: Importance of designing your product to reflect your positioning strategy
- Price: Picking a price that does more than cover costs
- Promotion: Advertising, branding, and choosing language based on positioning strategy
- Place: Choosing your channels to maximize exposure to your potential audience
Understanding Consumers & Competition
- Analyzing Consumer Data: How to look at data to understand your target market
- Competitive Analysis: How to evaluate the existing competition in your product category
Pre-Launch & SWOT Analysis
- Polling, Interviewing, & Pre-Launch: Steps to getting feedback before your launch
- SWOT Analysis: Visualizing what you do well and what you can improve on both internally and externally
Learn more: Take a look at Cratejoy’s Box Pricing Guide and our Startup Costs Calculator to estimate your marketing budget.
After reading this piece you will know how to:
- Identify your target market
- Research your customers
- Make a positioning statement
- Price your box
- Choose promotion channels