I guess it's okay.
by Jenna written 3 months ago
I purchased the Green mini box as a gift for my boyfriend; I guess it's good as a gift for someone who knows nothing about seeds and planting.
I'm not sure what I expected, but I was hoping for something a little more original, I guess. My box came with 2 bags of seeds (broccoli and radish) to be planted in shallow containers for micro greens and 4 dirt pellets.
It would be more economical, if not as whimsical, to buy dirt pellets in bulk (like 50 for 7 bucks) and purchase different seeds as you need them.
It makes a great, moderately priced gift though if you want to inspire someone to eat healthier!
by John written 5 months ago
This is an absolutely horrible product and am pretty disappointed cratejoy has filtered my relatively tame 1 star review. Always late, after ideal planting window for each box's respective seasons, and some cheap rubber gloves as the gardening tool to add insult to injury. An opt out policy to boot makes you guys one of the worst companies i've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.
by John written 5 months ago
This is an absolutely horrible product and am pretty disappointed cratejoy has filtered my other relatively tame 1 star review. Always late, after ideal planting window for each box's respective seasons, and some cheap rubber gloves as the gift to add insult to injury. An opt out policy to boot makes you guys one of the worst companies I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.
by Beverly written 9 months ago
I have never tried sprouts and I hope they will be great. They started in less than a day. I shall enjoy trying them. Beverly
Not worth it
by Marci written 10 months ago
Received our plow box. 5 packs of seeds and a tea light. Not worth $70.
Exactly what I need
by Merith written last year
I just received my Summer PlowBox and again it did not disappoint! The seeds are chosen perfectly for my climate so that I can plant them immediately. The garden and house gift items are always top notch quality and super cute. I look forward to my next box showing up for the next season, and if you're a beginner in the gardening world you should do the same!
Perfect for new gardeners!
by Caitlin written 2 years ago
I'm a fan of subscription boxes and I participate in several. I was thrilled to see PlowBox because the content is such a unique subscription box idea (specifically that the seeds are non-GMO and organic). I'll go over my entire PlowBox experience.
1. Sign up - very easy and straightforward. I received an email with a link and a promo code and everything worked as it should. I was very happy with the sign up process.
2. Confirmation of subscription - I appreciated an immediate email confirm as well as the confirmation via snail mail (always happy to confirm your mailing address is correct, you’re not left wondering where your box is).
3. Presentation - The box itself is really cute and on-brand. Very happy to see it in my mailbox! Opening the box was fun too. Everything was packaged well and secured, nothing damaged.
4. The stuff! - I liked the variety of items. I was sort of nervous just to get seeds or something with no instant gratification! I am just getting into gardening, so I really appreciated that the first box included something that would be especially helpful for newbies (planting schedule). A nice sachet of lavender and a cute note pad was nice! I’m excited to plant my seeds and feel confident that I know what I'm doing because the instructions and info were excellent.
5. Cost - I felt the cost was very reasonable for what I got (even without the promo code). You’re getting high quality, organic, thoughtfully curated items in gorgeous wrapping delivered to your home. Definitely worth the cost.
I’m definitely excited to continue to receive PlowBox, I like that it is quarterly (so I'm not too overwhelmed). I also think this is the PERFECT gift since so many folks are into non-GMO, organic gardening and it arrives looking So.Cute.